Responsible Gaming Policy
CasinoRange is dedicated to providing its users with a responsible gambling environment. We aim to provide our users with the best gambling-related advice and online casino platforms where they can find the most entertaining online casino experience. However, it is also our duty to help prevent compulsive usage and underage access of our gaming products.
As a responsible online casino affiliate, we make sure to comply with guidelines from the US Gambling Commissions and all other organisations fighting for enhanced player protection and responsible gaming. Our priority is to make sure you are playing responsibly and safely.
Preventing Underage Gambling
Underage gambling is a criminal offence and facilitating someone under the age of 21 to game is against the law.
The Company does not allow any online casino affiliated links (as defined in our Affiliate Links Disclaimer) or any other gaming-related platforms (such as software providers) to be displayed or mentioned on our website, if they allow anyone under the age of 21 to play on their site.
We strictly stand against underage gambling, and actively discourage persons under the age of 21 to visit our website.
Nevertheless, we recognise that the internet is readily accessible in many homes around the world. Gaming companies and parents must work together to fight against underage gaming and we recommend installing filtering software to block your children from accessing certain websites and programs.
More tips for parents and guardians:
- Do not leave children unattended near your computer when this website or an online casino website is running. You must take special care to ensure that they do not access our or any gaming-related services via your devices.
- Protect your gaming programs with password access.
- Do not allow persons under 21 to participate in any gaming activity.
- Keep your username, password and deposit method details out of the reach of children.
- Educate your children about the legality and the potential damage of underage gaming.
- Limit the length of time your children spend online.
Identifying Problem Gambling
Problem gambling can take many forms and can be difficult to identify. Below are some of the more common characteristics of someone who has gambling problems:
- Gambling without limit;
- Being overly emotional;
- Being secretive about gambling activities;
- Requesting money from others to fund gambling;
- Feeling guilty and/or anxious when gambling
We recommend that you seek assistance from a responsible gambling organization (see below) if any of the above traits applies to you. Most of these companies provide confidential and free online tests that will help you assess the extent to which your gambling has become a problem.
Preventing Problem Gambling
CasinoRange recognises that while most people play for entertainment, a small number of people can become obsessed with the potential monetary gains that can be made from games offered by remote gambling platforms that we advertise on our website. Even though studies suggest that only a very small percentage of the adult population encounters compulsive gaming problems, we take this matter exceedingly seriously.
- Remember that gaming is a form of entertainment. It is not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Gambling is a game of chance. There are no formulas that guarantee winnings. It should not be considered a source of income.
- Make sure that the decision to play is your choice. You should not gamble when intoxicated, angry, updated or depressed.
- Never try to chase your losses.
- Check the amounts you spend on a regular basis and never bet outside of your means.
- Make sure you know the rules of the games you play.
- Like many things, what is enjoyable in moderation can be disastrous in excess. Set a time limit on your gambling and commit to it.
- Take regular breaks and do not let gambling interfere with your daily responsibilities.
Advice and Help
Keep in mind that you always have someone to talk to.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-GAMBLER. You may also contact:
- National Council on Problem Gambling - The NCPG offers a 24-hour, confidential helpline at 1-800-522-4700. You can also send texts to that number, and there is a live chat function onsite, as well.
- Gamblers Anonymous - Peer support groups available in every state, supporting problem gamblers themselves
- GAM-ANON – Peer support groups also available in every state, focusing on the families of the addicted.
- Help by State – Click for state health departments providing resources for gambling problems.
- www.DKsaferplay.com - This site promotes safer and positive gambling. It provides key information about responsible and problem gambling, responsible gaming tools, cool-offs periods and self-exclusion, and how to get help in the event of a gambling problem.
- Self-Help Toolkits - From Cambridge Health Alliance, Division on Addiction.
- Your First Step to Change - Provides a selection of self-change toolkits, available free of charge.
- The BASIS - Provides access to gambling addiction research.
Responsible Gaming Tools and account restrictions
As part of their responsible gaming policies, online casinos usually offer tools to control the amount of money you use to play on their website.
You can set your own daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits in your account on their website and request to adjust them at any time. Depending on each casino’s policy, you can usually simply call their Member Support Team and a representative will help you set your limits.
To help you set limits that are right for you, try answering this short questionnaire:
- Establish what constitutes an acceptable loss before starting to play.
- Note how often you play.
- Note how long you play during each gaming session.
Use your answers to determine how much you would like to allow yourself to spend per day, per week or per month.
Unsubscribing From Promotional Materials
If you feel that promotional materials are encouraging you to play more than you want, you can always unsubscribe yourself from the online casino promotional content by visiting their website.
Closing Your Account
If you are not concerned about your gambling behaviour, but wish to close your account with the online casino, you have a right to request an account closure under the terms of their User Agreement. Any available balance may be withdrawn subject to their User Agreement. Should you wish to reopen the closed account, their assistance team should be able to help you.
Set limits on the amount you deposit into your account. These can be daily, weekly or monthly.
Cooling Off Times
If you wish to take a break, you can request a cooling-off period and the online casino platforms will suspend your account for a period of time. This is important for obtaining some perspective on your gambling.
In addition, the online casino should take all reasonable measures to make sure you do not receive any promotional material from this brand during this time. Depending on their terms and conditions, you can request a “Take a Break” period by contacting their Member Support Team.
If, at any stage, you become concerned about your gambling behaviour, you can request a self-exclusion period, leading to a termination of your account for that period.
Several options are generally available for the term you can place yourself on the list. In most cases you have to spend at least one year excluded before your account can be reinstated. It is also possible to be excluded on a permanent basis. During a self-exclusion period, the suspended access will be enforced and irrevocable.
If you are in New-Jersey, you have the right to enrol yourself in a state-specific Self-Exclusion Program, which will preclude you from engaging in internet gaming anywhere in the state of New Jersey. For further information: https://www.njoag.gov/about/divisions-and-offices/division-of-gaming-enforcement-home/self-exclusion-program/
Betblocker is a free software to help you to control your gaming activities by restricting your access to over 15,000 online gaming platforms. It allows you to customize the period of time you wish to be blocked for (from one day to five years).
Game Time Reminder
Online casino platforms may also provide you the tool to set a “game time” reminder as to the length of time you have spent on any instant game.
In order to keep track of the time spent actively playing an instant game, you are provided with the opportunity to activate a game time reminder through the Settings tab. Instant game timing is activated per game. A new game time interval will begin for each instant game that you open, and will operate independently of any other instant game that may be open at the same time. If you change the game timing when you are playing in an instant game, the new timing will only be effective when the following instant game is opened.
Depending on their policies, the game time reminder must usually be set per account with the online casino website, it will not be automatically applied to any other account which you may have with other casinos.