Hammerfall is an action-packed new slot game from one of the world’s most respected online slot game developers. Yes, that’s right, Play’n Go are back with another hot release. Hammerfall is a fantasy-themed slot that is inspired by and linked with the heavy metal band of the same name. The Swedish headbangers are well known in their own country and are beginning to create a name for themselves globally. Play’n Go are hoping this affiliation will make Hammerfall just as popular as their other successful games like Fire Toad, Bull in a China Shop, The Paying Piano Club, and The Green Knight.
The game is played across a 7×7 set of reels, and it uses a cluster pay system to award players with prizes. Bets start from just 0.20 per spin and reach a maximum of 100 per spin for those players looking to maximize the potential returns in the game. The average RTP is 94% which is below average compared with other online slots, but to make up for that, Play’n Go has given you the chance to win a huge maximum payout of 30,000x your stake. There are more than ten bonus features and game modifiers active in this game, including mega wilds, multipliers and super tiles.
Graphics and Theme
Hammerfall is a Swedish rock band that was inspired by Word of Warcraft. The band’s artwork looks similar to the designs from the classic online RPG, and Play’n Go has followed this pattern. The game is set in the valley between two huge grassy mountains. To the right of the reels, you will see a huge castle made from dark grey bricks. In front of the castle stands a powerful knight who’s wielding a large shield and a gigantic war hammer. It’s Play’n Go’s representation of the character featured on the band’s album covers. The 7×7 grid of reels is located with a thin gold border, and the game controls are located horizontally across the bottom of your screen.
Three hit songs from the band have created the soundtrack. Twilight Princess, Second to None, and And Yet I Smile are the songs featured. You can expect to hear powerful rock ballad style lyrics with slow drums and lots of guitar solos. When you hit spin, the reels fall of the screen to the sound of a chain-link gate being opened. Winning combinations are signalled with the sound of coins jingling, and finally, a whooshing noise sounds as the lightning beam hits the shield, which signifies that the Hammer Charge feature is active.
Hammerfall Game Promotions
The low paying symbols are made up of five gemstones. In order of value, these include green, purple, blue, yellow and red gemstones. The red gemstone is worth a maximum of 25x your stake for clusters of 15+ symbols. The high paying symbols include a green shield, two war hammers, a golden shield and the knight. The knight is the most valuable and is worth 500x your stake for clusters of 15+ symbols. There is also a blue and a red wild symbol that can substitute for all symbols.
Hammer Charge Feature
Winning combinations will charge the hammer meter. When 25 symbols have fully charged the meter, the song feature is triggered. When you charge it with another 25 symbols, the hammer high feature is activated.
- Twighlight Princess – a 2×2 mega wild is added to the reels
- Second to None – all of the high paying symbols are transformed into one randomly chosen high paying symbol
- And Yet I Smile – all of the low paying symbols present on the grid are destroyed to create room for new ones to fall into their place
- Hammer High – all three of the above features are activated, and you are awarded with one free spin
Randomly Triggering Base Game Features
As well as the hammer charge feature, there are many randomly trigger features available to help you create even more winning combos.
- Super tiles & lightning wilds – the super tiles can appear on random reel positions on all spins. If the super tiles are used in a winning combination, they will transform into a lightning wild which can have up to a 3x multiplier for the following respin
- Never Forgive Never Forget – One symbol is randomly selected, and all matching symbols move to the centre reel position, destroying everything in their path
- Bring It! – All high-paying symbols are either destroyed or transform into matching high paying symbols
- One Against the World – One symbol is randomly selected, and all instances of that symbol are highlighted. Then, adjacent symbols are transformed to match them or are destroyed.
Never Forgive Never Forget, Bring It, and One Against the World can be randomly triggered on any losing spin.
Hammerfall How to Play
Hammerfall is played on a 7×7 grid of reels and uses a cluster pay system to award players with prizes. This means that four or more matching symbols landing in an adjacent cluster will trigger a payout. To be in with a shot at winning the 30,000x, your stake maximum payout, you will need to place a bet between £0.20 per spin and £100 per spin. There is a cascading win feature active that removes the symbols used to trigger a winning combo to create new ones to replace them. This creates more chances to win at no extra cost.
Hammerfall on Mobile
Hammerfall is a mobile-friendly game that works on all iOS and Android devices.
- Great Bonus Features
- Fun Gameplay
- Unique Theme
- Soundtrack Not For Everyone
- No Free Spins
This game has so many bonus features that the action never stops. You won’t miss free spins one little bit. Could Hammerfall be Play’n Go’s best game yet?
Similar Slots Games
Hammerfall Player Reviews
Up To $1000
Read our latest article!