American Dad is a brand-new online slot game from Playtech. It’s based on the hit US adult cartoon TV series that bears the same name. Playtech has brought the same gut-busting humour from the original TV series into their slot game. Not only will you have the chance to win gigantic prizes, but you’ll also have some laughs along the way. Other popular Playtech slots that were inspired by TV or film include Baywatch, Pink Panther, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, and King Kong.
American Dad is played across a 5×3 grid of reels with 40 active pay lines. Bet’s start from just £0.40 per spin and reach an upper limit of £200 per spin. So, the game is great for everyone from penny slots players through to those looking to bet big to maximise their returns. The gameplay is packed full of action and includes features like bonus wheels, stacked Stans, Roger’s random wilds, expanding wilds, multipliers, and free spins. On top of all of that, the maximum jackpot in the game is 750x your stake or £150,000 if you’re betting the maximum.
Graphics and Theme
The graphics and theme have been designed around the TV show. Playtech has done a great job at matching the style of the American Dad animation so it might seem like you’re tuning in to watch an episode rather than to play a top-rated online slot game. The backdrop to the reels is the red and white stripes of the American flag. The reels are encased in a blue border, and the background to the reels is the blue and white stars of the American flag. You’ll notice that the symbols include some of your favourite characters from the TV show.
The game is silent until you hit spin. Once you do, a fun fare inspired jingle will explode from you speakers while the symbols spin. It’s similar to the American Dad theme tune, but for copyright reasons, Playtech has had to create something unique. When you land a winning combination, the jingle will intensify, and you’ll hear your winnings being counted with the sound of coins jingling.
American Dad symbols
The low paying symbols are made up of the playing card symbols Queen, King and Ace. They are all worth the same and will pay out 40x your stake for five of a kind. The rest of the symbols are characters from the show. In order of value, these include Patches (the fish), Hayley, Steve, Francine, and Stan. Stan is the most valuable and will pay out 250x your stake for five of a kind. Finally, Roger the alien is the wild symbol which is the highest paying symbol in the whole game and can substitute for any symbols except for the bonus symbols to create winning combos. Roger is worth 750x you stake or £150,000 if you’re betting the maximum.
The Schmooblydong wheel is triggered by landing the American Dad bonus symbol. If you land the bonus symbols on reels one and three it will trigger a respin. However, if you land the bonus symbol on reels one, three and five simultaneously you will trigger the free spins round.
Each bonus symbol will spin when the free spins round has been triggered. Reel one will determine which character feature you will play, reel two awards you with power-ups and reel three awards you a number of free spins. Here’s what it means when you land each character:
- Stacking Stan – More Stan symbols will be added to the reels underneath existing Stan symbols. The wheel on reel three will determine how many Stans will be added to each stack.
- Roger’s Random Wilds – if you land Roger, he will vomit random wilds onto the reels on every free spin. The wheel on reel three will determine how many wilds he vomits on each free spin.
- Francine’s Holy Grail – Patches symbols will appear randomly on the reels. If a Patches symbols lands on a Francine symbol, she becomes an expanding wild. The wheel on reel three will determine the number of Patches that appears on each free spin.
- Hayley’s progressive multiplier – Hayley will collect a signature on every free spin. Each signature she collects increases the win multiplier by 1x. The wheel on reels three will determine the starting win multiplier for the free spins round.
- Wheels and the legman – Steve and Roger will walk across your screen after every spin and leave a trail of wilds. The wheel on reels three will decide on how many wilds they leave behind.
Game How to Play
The American Dad online video slot from Playtech is played across a 5×3 grid of reels with 40 pay lines. Bets start from just £0.40 per spin up to a maximum of £200 per spin. You can hit spin manually or use the auto spin feature to spin up to 99 times for you. The maximum jackpot in the game is 750x you stake which is achieved by landing five Roger Wilds. Most of the action in the game happens during one of the five free spins rounds which are triggered by landing three bonus symbols on reels one, three and five simultaneously.
American Dad on Mobile
Playtech design all of their games to be mobile-friendly. So, you can play American Dad on all iOS & Android mobile and tablet devices.