Rise of Olympus 100 Slot Review
Rise of Olympus 100 sees game provider Play’n Go continue its series of upgrades on previous classic slot releases. Following the success of the cutesy Moon Princess 100, attention now turns to the more fearsome arena of the Greek Gods.
As you would expect of a slot centred around all-powerful beings, Rise of Olympus 100 has a few tricks up its sleeve. When entering this domain of the immortals, you can expect an experience overloaded with features, including Cascading Wins, Progressive Multipliers, Hand of God Modifiers, and Free Spins Bonus Rounds. Keep on the right side of these Gods, and you may find yourself with a heavenly max win of 15,000x your stake!
Rise of Olympus 100 Slot How to Play
The game takes place on a 5×5 grid and utilises the same Cluster Pay mechanic as the original Rise of Olympus title. Wins are recorded by landing horizontal or vertical clusters of three or more matching symbols anywhere on the grid.
The game’s low-paying symbols consist of thematic Lightning Bolts, Tridents, Harps, and Helmets. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades then act as the premium symbols, paying out up to 10x for five in a row.
Whilst the low-paying symbols must match exactly, the three Gods may combine to create a winning cluster. E.g. a cluster containing Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades will count as a win.
Any winning spin will trigger the Cascade feature, seeing all winning symbols removed from the screen, and the gaps filled by symbols dropping from the rows above. Cascades are also given a couple of powerful winnings-enhancing boosts:
- Each winning cascade will increase the winnings multiplier by +1. This process repeats for each winning cascade – all the way up to the max of 100x.
- Any winning cluster containing exactly three symbols will see the middle icon replaced by a Pegasus Gold Coin Wild symbol, which will be in play for the subsequent cascade(s). Wilds also act as a paying symbol in their own right – awarding 50x for five in a cluster.
Unlike in other cascade slots, new symbols are not added to the reels. Instead, the symbols already in play trickle down, with the spaces above left empty; a system which creates the possibility of completely clearing the screen. Achieve this feat, and you will be rewarded with 50x your stake, multiplied by the tally on the progressive multiplier indicator.
The Gods Are on Your Side – Modifier Features
During the base game, the reels will always be flanked by one of the three Gods. Each god brings their own distinctive backdrop; Zeus is amongst the clouds, Poseidon is beneath the ocean, and Hades is in his happy hellscape.
Each of the Gods has their own special power, which will trigger at random on any non-winning spin.
- Zeus – Removes two symbol types from the layout
- Poseidon – Adds 1 or 2 Wilds to the grid
- Hades – Transforms one type of symbol into another
As soon as the God in play has triggered his effect, he will then take a well-earned break, with one of the other Gods stepping in to flank the reels.
Rise of Olympus 100 on Mobile
Mobile slots fans will be delighted to learn that Rise of Olympus 100 is fully compatible with small-screen devices. Whether you are an Android or iOs user, you will find all of the thrilling features, atmosphere, and big win potential intact.
Rise of Olympus 100 RTP and Volatility
Sitting at 96.20%, the return to player percentage is a little below the 96.50% of the original Rise of Olympus. On the plus side, the game offers a max win potential of 15,000x, compared to the 5,000x of its predecessor.
Players should be aware that this is a variable RTP, and operators may opt for a lower setting should they wish. Always check the information section of the game at your online casino of choice to discover the RTP in use.
Rise of Olympus 100 falls into the high volatility category. Big wins may come around less frequently than in lower volatility games, but when they do arrive, they may be very rewarding.
Rise of Olympus 100 Slot Bonus Round and Free Spins
Welcome the Wrath of the Gods
The Wrath of Olympus meter sits in the bottom left corner of the screen and consists of three sections. Any winning cluster featuring God Symbols will fill the meter as follows.
- A cluster of 3 fills 1 section
- A cluster of 4 fills up to 2 sections
- A cluster of 5 fills up to 3 sections
If the meter fills completely during a single cascade sequence, the Wrath of Olympus feature will explode into life, seeing all three Gods unleash their powers on the subsequent spin. Excellent in terms of win potential, and even better if the feature clears all symbols from the reels. Should this occur, rather than winning 50x your stake, you will ascend into the game’s Free Spins Bonus.
Free Spins Bonus Rounds
Your first task when entering the Free Spins is to select which of the Gods you want to have on your side, with the following options available:
- Hades – 4 Free Spins, plus 4 Extra Spins each time the Wrath of Olympus meter is filled.
- Poseidon – 5 Free Spins, plus 3 Extra Spins each time the Wrath of Olympus meter is filled.
- Zeus – 8 Free Spins, plus 2 Extra Spins each time the Wrath of Olympus meter is filled.
The Free Spins Bonus also comes with a few winnings-boosting perks:
- The Hand of God Modifier will trigger on EVERY non-winning spin
- The progressive multiplier does not reset but continues to climb over the course of the round – potentially up to 100x
Clear the grid in the bonus round and you will receive a winnings boost of 100x your stake