Mars Attacks is a brand-new space-themed slot from the one and only Blueprint Gaming. It’s based on the 1996 sci-fi comedy film that shares the same name featuring Jack Nicolson, Lisa Marie, Sara Jessica Parker, Natalie Portman and Pierce Brosnan. Blueprint Gaming has done a great job of bringing the spirit of the film into the online slots’ world. You can expect entertaining graphics, exciting soundtracks and lots of space-themed fun! Other blueprint games based on movies that you might want to try include games like Ted Megaways, King Kong Cash, Sausage Party and The Goonies.
This game is played across a 5×3 set of reels with just 20 pay lines. Bets start from £0.10 per spin and reach a maximum of £200 per spin for all the high rollers out there. You can expect to find various bonus rounds, multipliers, progressive jackpots and lots more.
Graphics and Theme
The game is set in front of the white house. The home of the US president is the scene of an alien invasion. The sky is pink, purple and blue and is filled with flying saucers. It’s a classic representation of an alien invasion on earth. The reels are translucent so that the white house remains visible throughout the entire game. The symbols are very colourful, which makes the screen vibrant and eye-catching. You will also notice that the three progressive jackpot totals sit on top of the reels to let you know what you can win.
The soundtrack is out of this world and is made with lots of bizarre and whacky synth noises. If you think of an 80’s alien film, then you will begin to image the types of sounds you will hear. When you hit spin, the reels begin to rotate with the sound of a radar searching for something. Finally, when you land a winning combo, the classic alien arrival noise from films will sound from your speakers.
Mars Attacks symbols
Jack, Queen, King and Ace make up the low paying symbols in the game. Five of a kind aces are worth a 100x your bet. The high paying symbols include an eyeball, a TV, a laser gun, an alien and the game’s logo. The game logo is worth the most at 500x your bet for five of a kind. There is also a wild symbol and a bonus symbol. The wild symbol can substitute for any symbol except for the bonus symbol and is worth 500x your stake for five of a kind.
Mars Attacks bonus round
You will need to land three or more bonus symbols to trigger the Mars Attack bonus round. You will be taken to a new screen where you will be required to pick a zone on the world map which will take you to one of the below bonus features:
- Spy hunter – you have to reveal Martians and humans from hidden symbols. If you reveal Martians, they will give you cash multipliers. However, if you reveal three humans, the feature ends. If you are lucky enough to find the Martian leader, it will give you a prize boost of up to 1000x your bet.
- We come in peace – you will need to select several containers which fill up multiplier meters. When a meter is filled, your stake will be multiplied by the corresponding multiplier.
- DNA analysis – you will be awarded five free spins and expanding wilds.
- Martian takeover – you will be awarded ten free spins and roaming wilds.
- Final Stand – during your free spins, the Martians and humans will battle it out. The winner is declared at the end of the free spins, and you get a bigger bonus if the humans win.
Base game modifiers
One of five base game modifiers can be randomly triggered on each spin.
- Radiation Blast – random wilds appear on your screen.
- Mega Shrink Ray – the reels expand to a 5×5 grid to create more ways to win.
- Abduction Beam – the symbols on-screen are abducted by a mothership and replaced by new ones.
- Expansions Cannon – a mystery symbol is placed randomly on your screen and expands to transform other symbols into matching symbols.
- Sub Zero Laser – all symbols included in a winning combo are frozen in position, and a re-spin is awarded.
Your chance to win the progressive jackpot is completely up to lady luck. On any given spin, you can be randomly taken to the ‘Wheel King’ screen for your chance to win one of three progressive jackpots. You’ll need to spin the reels and collect crowns. The more crowns you collect, the bigger the prize will be!
Game How to Play
First, select your betting value which can be between £0.10 per spin, up to a maximum of £200 per spin for those of you wanting to bet big to maximise the potential returns. Then you can hit spin manually, or you can sit back and relax by using the autoplay feature. The game is played across a 5×3 set of reels, and payouts start when you land three or more matching symbols on an active pay line. There are three progressive jackpots to be won along with lots of other opportunities to win gigantic cash prizes. Land three bonus symbols to trigger one of five exciting bonus rounds that will give you the chance to make some serious winnings.
Mars Attacks on Mobile
Mars Attacks is a mobile-friendly online slot game that works on PC, tablet, and mobile devices. It will work on all devices that use iOS or Android operating systems.